A message from the Smith & Sinclair founders:
As a brand built on a mission of fun, innovation and kindness, just like a lot of you, we feel the anguish and worry as a team of individuals in today’s worldwide pandemic.
As a business, we are all committed to ensuring the health of our customers, employees and suppliers. The Smith & Sinclair supply chain is certified to a high standard for food safety and hygiene as a baseline, but we wanted to share additional measures we’ve implemented with our partners in an effort to reduce cause for concern. These include:
- Safety of your online orders: Our warehouse is certified to the highest specification and will always follow strict sanitary guidelines that are regulated and audited across use of gloves while packing orders, regular and consistent handwashing with additional hand sanitizing stations implemented in the facility. The fulfillment team have been managing shorter shifts of less people for the safety of themselves, and our customer .
- We use UPS as our provider for delivery of goods to your home. UPS have shared their updates which you can read here. Our mailers are cardboard and the WHO and U.S. CDC have stated that the likelihood of the COVID-19 virus contaminating cardboard or other shipping containers is low. If there is a concern, disinfecting the shipment or using protective apparel when unwrapping the container will reduce the risk of exposure.
- Smith & Sinclair products are individually wrapped, produced months prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, so there are no product contamination concerns while you EAT YOUR DRINKTM (but please wash your hands before eating).
- The entire global Smith & Sinclair team of employees are safely tucked up in their houses, with our work from home policy to keep them and their families safe. To keep them entertained and engaged, we’ve armed them with gummies, equipped them with video conferencing and created stimulating social media content to ensure our team pop culture quiz games stays on point to keep us (and you) laughing for the foreseeable future. Here’s how some of the team are making #workmorefun from home:
- Kristin has discovered Peloton’s free 90 day trial
- Kelly is going to take on her first ever Tik Tok challenge .
- Sam is prepping her pop culture knowledge for her first ever virtual pub quiz against our UK team (tune in for it on the S&S ‘gram!)
- Some serious podcasts are being played for background stimulation
- Snack cupboards have been well + truly stocked
- We’re bringing back ‘cocktail hour’ over facetime with loved ones – internationally!
In a touch of seriousness, if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us.
We will continue to keep you updated on any more information we think it’s important to share. Please stay safe and look after those you care about. Don’t forget to extend kindness where you can. We all need a dollop of hope and love right now, so let’s all do our bit to flatten the curve and lift our spirits.
Love Mel and Emile x